Monday, December 28, 2009

A question about shades of foundation for asian skin?

I'm asian %26amp; I have asian skin. I've noticed that for most make up brands.. there are shades like fair.. beige.. neutral.. medium.. and dark. which do asians usually categorize under? i've tried neutal %26amp; medium.. and its not that its too DARK.. maybe even light.. but its just too WHITE instead of YELLOW? do you guys get what i'm saying?? HELP! and light tones just seem too light.A question about shades of foundation for asian skin?
Go to a Clinique counter. They'll find your PERFECT shade.





Works for me :D


xXxA question about shades of foundation for asian skin?
im asian, i usually go with beige. my skin is lightly tanned, more like a light brown, im not pale at all. your best bet is to go with beige, neutral, or medium. hey, you could even mix them up and create a color that is unique to you! your best bet is to go to a department store and have them pick out a color for you. it is free, usually by appointment though. if you tried neutral and medium and that is too dark, try beige. if beige is too light, then you should mix beige with neutral. hope that helps!
Try Wei East





http://www.hsn.com/cnt/search/searchresu鈥?/a>





30 Money back guarantee
Golden Light Loose Powder by gloMinerals... It is WONDERFUL!! I used to wear a ton of foundation and nothing ever works and it makes you break out....


I have asian-like, olive/yellower skin tones and it is what I use. Use it with a high quality brush and you wont have to use foundation or any other powder, except blush/bronzer if you like it. It is the kind of make-up that adapts to your skin- rather than puts a layer of color on it....


Also, if you order it on Ebay it is about 1/2 the price than from the website. Changed my life.





Also, you didn't say this, but I tell everyone: if you are worried about skin problems/blemishes- the best thing you can do: drink TONS of water- at least 64 ounces per day- you will see dramatic results in your skin!
go wit neutral


make sure it matches the color of your neck thou


not your face


my face color is brighter than my neck for some reason


so i would have to go with a darker neautral to match my neck
I think you might need to specify more? what kind of asian? usually japanese are more fair, chinese have a more yellow tint and then filipinos are darker, etc.





you should try prescriptives though. they blend it customized to your skin tone.
Hi! I am also Asian and a make up artist.


There are over 63 shades for Asian. I can't really tell what's the best shade for you since I haven't seen you and you also need to see the reaction of the foundation if you are going to use it everyday. Also, I would suggest you to try shades in stores like Prescriptives or MAC (I am pretty sure you'll get a perfect shade for you in this stores) then don't buy it yet. Wait for 1 hour and if the shade will not change that much after you perspire a little it is a good thing. Hope you'll find the right shade for you.
LOOK AT BOBBIE BROWN, THEY HVE ALL SHADES, THEY WILL FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU, THEY HAVE LIKE 20 DIFERENT SHADES.

No comments:

Post a Comment