Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I know what shade of liquid foundation is best?

Am I supposed to get a shade lighter or darker than my natural skin? I'm talking about revlon color stay to be specific. I'm not sure what shade to get. Also, how do I apply it on? Please help.How do I know what shade of liquid foundation is best?
Ok! Ask the women in the store to start with - they're suprisingly helpful, and always test foundation on your neck/jawline, not your face, because you want it to blend well with the rest of your body, and not leave those horrid lines around your face. Liquid foundation can be applied with the fingers, with a blending sponge or with a foundation brush. Whichever method you choose, dab it around 1 of your face and blend it in with your chosen tool. Do this 1 area at a time - Revlon colourstay dries fairly quickly. Layer it up till you have the even coverage you want. Then if you need a little more coverage on some spots, focus on those with another layer or use a concealer. Make sure it isnt cakey (the key is always blending) and don't forget to blend on your jaw/slightly under your neck!


Hope I helped!How do I know what shade of liquid foundation is best?
When you apply it, it's supposed to ';disappear'; into your skin. I usually get one shade darker than my skin tone (it's about a 3 or a medium on the scale so I get a bottle that has a 4 on it). If you're not sure, you can make your own custom blend and buy two foundations with one dark and one light color. That way, you can adjust the shade the way you want it. Before you apply foundation, you need to moisturize your face first to soften it (let it set in for at least 10 minutes before you apply anything else). Then you apply face primer. Let that set in for a few minutes and then apply the liquid foundation. I like to use a sponge because application is more precise but you can use a brush if you want. Before I use the sponge, I soak it in water and then wring the excess water so that the sponge doesn't soak up extra foundation. I then dip a corner of the sponge in foundation and sweep it across my face. You don't have to cover your whole face. I usually put foundation on areas where I have pimples. Make sure you exfoliate your face at least once a week or else you'll have patchy skin that makes it difficult to apply makeup smoothly.
MAC


MAC


MAC


I have tried every foundation out there and MAC is the best


go into the store and they will match the shade for you


it lasts a very long time IF you use a foundation brush


MAC's brushes are pricey so grab a synthetic drug store brush


QUO ones are nice and even cheaper ones at wal mart (blue package can't recall the name my brushes don't have the name printed on them sorry)


this will be the most important makeup you will buy and apply it like the other girl said by dotting it all over your face first (dip the brush 2-3 times just at the top of the bottle)


and blend with the brush downwards (your skin works like scales and upwards motion will be harder to blend and not look as smooth)


if you want you can go over it lightly with a sponge after for the final blend


but don't use a sponge all over


you will waste so much makeup


and your fingers are covered with all kinds of oil and are rounded right? so you'll have uneven application


:D
ask people in the store to help you.


if you plan on going to a store like target, walmart, etc where there's not many knowledgeable people on specific subjects, then head to a department store first and have a lady at a make up counter help you.


she can get you started on about the right shade.
you need to get the shade of your skin so that it looks natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment