Friday, December 18, 2009

How do you match a foundation shade from one brand to a shade in another brand?

I currently use Mary Kay Ivory 204 but am not too keen on spending 15 dollars next time I buy foundation. Is there a website that matches foundation colors between brands? Are there any stores that help you with this? Sometimes I can't open bottles or tubes of foundation at the store when I shop for foundation so I'm not sure how else to test the color or match it to the Mary Kay shade.How do you match a foundation shade from one brand to a shade in another brand?
I am bias since I sell Mary Kay so first let me explain how the coloring works so that might help you.


You are an dark Ivory with a pink undertone meaning you want a shade of ivory with a little pink in it. Most foundation have a yellow undertone since it is most complement to women however some of us including myself look washed out so we need some pink. Mary Kay is the only foundation i can use. You might try Alamy ivory bique if they still make it.


With that said I would love to know what happens after you try the others only because I can understand you concern with the price ( ask you consultant for a sale or earning it free) when it comes to my face I prefer quality and skipping somewhere else. I love the product that's why I sell it so good luck hope that helps.How do you match a foundation shade from one brand to a shade in another brand?
Usually makeup brands have about the same names for the colors. They are usually about the same color, which helps. So since your Ivory 204, look for an Ivory in the foundation you want at the store. They also usually have a sample of the shade on the packaging, so you could always bring your current foundation to the store %26amp; pick which one is closest to it.
ew.
I'm sure you can get help from the assistant, I hope they will be more than glad to help you. Getting the same colour from another brand might be a difficult task cos sometimes different brands have their own shade of colour or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment