Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I find the right concealer/foundation shade?

I always have trouble finding the right shade at the drugstore.





I'm looking to buy Maybelline Mineral Power, unless there's a better brand out there for me?





(I'm tan, but I don't really know to what extent. And I'll be paling out this winter anyway. Anyway, thanks)How do I find the right concealer/foundation shade?
The mineral powder is very good, try it on your hand to gt the right shade


xHow do I find the right concealer/foundation shade?
i would say Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation is the beat i use it and i love love love it ! i works great ! its only about $12 at Walgreen's and its not cakey at all and fells like nothing is on ur skin..and what i do i just take about 3 that i thank would match and take them out of the package and put some of them on my hand and chose the best on that .and with the colorstay u really don't need concealer cause it covers up everything ! i love it





please answer mine ?
This is way I usually do it during the summer when I'm buying new make up, I hold my hands up to the make up at the store, you should get the next one down from your skin now, so it ill last longer then if you w ere to buy your acutal color! You may thing ';Well its not gonna match'; It works perfectly.





I do it every year! :)
you could try them out at the place you're buying them from.


there is also a new foundation, i have no idea what it's called but it like


matches your skin tone or whatever.


if you're in doubt, get the lighter shade, not the darker shade.


and if your skin tone is in the middle of two, you could always mix them together.


hope i helped :)
Just keep experimenting with different foundations. You'll be looking for one which doesn't make you look too 'orange' but makes your skin look healthy - ie not too pale! So you just want to look for one which matches your natural skin tone as close as possible.





Some department stores, such as John Lewis, offer a free makeup session where they can tell you what foundation shade would be suitable for you skin tone and skin type. Then you can buy it, although this is often quite pricey, but its worth investing in.





It's useful having two or three foundations in your makeup bag, to change with your natural skin tone. A slightly darker one will match your skin perfectly in summer when you're tan, but will just look weird when you've paled out.





Good luck, hope I helped!
If you can't tell yourself, then I know that many assistants at makeup counters are willing to find the shade that best suits your face. If you can't find a good makeup counter to tell you, then you can always use the testers at the shops and test them yourself. Lots of people say to test on your hand, but this isn't the right way because often people's faces are different shades than their hands, so test on your jawline or cheek.





I have Maybelline foundation products, both the liquid and powder foundation, and both do me justice once I found the right shade for my skin.
Just try it on the back of your hand to see if it is the right shade or hold it up against your skin and ask someone if it is the right shade for you. Thats usually the way I do it and I almost always get the right shade. Tip; For concealer get a shade lighter than foundation. Hope I helped!
I also have trouble finding my shade, it sucks!


My suggestion is to find out what your undertones are, whether yellow or pink, or even neutral.


From there just find a shade closest to your skin, if you have chosen the right undertones, it will blend to your skin MUCH better and the makeup wont look too weird, even if it isn't the PERFECT match.











To find out your undertones:


If your veins are more blue : Pink


If they're green: Yellow


If they're in between: Neutral
thats whats i love about Dinair Airbrush Makeup..u can just e-mail in a pic and they can tell u exactly which shade to get...ive been using their stuff for the past 2 years and i love it!! its awesome..it covers everything and makes my skin look flawless...its also all water based so its not bad for ur skin..anywho..hope i helped in some way..=)
Go to your nearest department store and sit down with a beauty advisor. They know what they are doing %26amp; can match up the right shade for you. Clinique is a great line because it is inexpensive for a great product! Dump the drugstore brands chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment