Monday, December 28, 2009

What is the best shade/brand of foundation for my skin tone?

I have freckles, but not the usual fair complexion that accompanies people with freckles, any suggestions.What is the best shade/brand of foundation for my skin tone?
Take someone with you to the store. Find an oil-free foundation, and hold the bottles up to your skin for the other person to help you pick out what matches your tone the best.What is the best shade/brand of foundation for my skin tone?
I've been really impressed with L'Oreal True Match colors. At my local drugstore they have this plastic sheet that's attached to the display that you hold up to your face or inner arm to choose your shade. It actually worked for me, and that's never happened before. Also, the shade that it led me to was not a shade I'd have picked from the color that showed through the bottle, but it really did blend into my complexion beautifully. Give it a try!





Also, my local drug stores (CVS %26amp; Walgreens) will let you return a shade that you don't like for a full refund -- no-risk makeup trials!
Without seeing you, it's impossible to give you recommendations. Why not consult someone at the cosmetics counter in a department store?
have a marykay party where you can test sample on your skin. it is free and very helpful. It will give you a good idea of what works with your skin and the combinations of all variety of makeups that will ley your beauty shine!!
It is nearly impossible to pick a shade over the internet because we can't see your skin. You just have to try different colors until you find the best for your skin tone.
i have freckles too and i use bare minerals powder foundation in the medium shade. It is sheer enough it looks really natural.
best way to find out what shade will go best hold the bottle or color close to ur palm and compare...that will get u VERY close to the shade that will nutrulize the freckles...if u go to dark it will be VERY obvious and won't look good at all. If you don't wanna do it yourself then stop by a make-up counter at one of the local deparment stores. Hope That Helps!!
Hi, i would go into a store that sell make up near you and see which ones suit your shade of skin. As i cannot see you i cannot really tell you what colour to use,Plus if i do recommend you one and you go and try it it might be a totally wrong shade for you. But the i think you could benefit from a sheer cover i foundation or a true match foundation as it will adjust to the colour of your skin. I recommend Loreal foundations. Im currantly using infaliable that lasts for 15 hours and it covers everything. also rimmel 12 hour breathable foundation covers up well to. The trick is to get the one nearest to you skin tone, or you will end up orange. I would also recommend trying a few on your face you may feel a little daft applying it in the store but in the past i have bought foundations that suit me and when i i get out in normal light they have been the totally wrong colour. The lights in the shops make buying foundation a night mare, and as some are very expensive it is a lot of money to waste. So apply wait a little then buy.
Your best bet id to go into a big store and a) talk to the sales girls (not the one with the ORANGE face obviously). or b) try a few testers for yourself (do it on your jaw line NOT your hand).


It all depends what kind of look your after, I feel a bit strange if I can't see my freckles, so I use tinted moisturiser most of the time. If I want a bit more coverage I use one of the colour adapt foundations, they even out my skin tone, without making it look like I'm wearing a mask, lol.
2pts
Your best bet is to go to a makeup counter and get matched by a makeup artist. They'll be able to help you find the correct color and undertone for your skin. And since you have freckles, they'll be able to suggest the correct form of foundation and coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment