Monday, December 28, 2009

Why are there more shades of foundation makeup for white women than women of color?

women of color = any woman that is not white(not just blacks) keep up with the lingo people





I DON'T WEAR MAKEUP(aka WAR PAINT lol), but my roommate said that she couldn't find a color in her shade, and when we were looking online there were only like 4 or 5 different shades for women (J-lo's color and darker(all the way to black women))and 8 or 9 for white women, now i'm not trying to offend anyone, but i honestly don't see a variety of shades when it comes to white people(most are about the same color). I didn't make the rules on shades of white folks, white people did that to themselves.Why are there more shades of foundation makeup for white women than women of color?
I have two theories.





Theory # 1: Companies are usually more drawn to the group that they will make the most money off of. There are around twice as many white people in America than women of color (according to the last census anyway) so the companies benefit more from the white people who buy their make-up. Therefore, they are going to cater to paler skin tones.





Theory # 2: Companies either don't know or don't care (or a combination of the two) that their one or two ';dark'; shades will not fit even 30% of the women of color who the product is geared towards.





If your friend is still having trouble finding a shade, I recommend b.l.a.c. minerals. Women of color know that if it's hard to find regular foundation in our shade, it's 5x harder to find our shade in a mineral makeup. Fortunately, someone had a wonderful idea. There are shades on this site that cater to women of ALL ethnicities and there is a WIDE variety of healthy make-up for women of darker complexions. My perfect shade (something I have never been able to say before) is ';Amber.';Why are there more shades of foundation makeup for white women than women of color?
Clarice is 100 percent right. The original poster AND Deeya are typical racists. Report Abuse

Because women of colour really don't need foundation, their skin stays fresh and young even in their latter years. white women on the other hand tend to age faster due to the lack of melanin in their skin. Besides, white people turn all sorts of colours, blue when cold, brown when baked, pink when embarassed... so they need more variety lol
White companies don't care about women of color.
White women wear too much makeup.
Because white women are oh so LOVELY!!!
Well, my skin is so pale that I can't even find foundation that is light enough. It goes both ways.
If it helps at all, it wasn't until very recently I could find a shade that came close to my skin. I lived in a city that was predomently German and all the makeup was very pink. Some idiot chick told me I needed to look like her. . .my skin is olive or lots of yellow. . .I had an interesting comment for her and I hope informative. Now I live where it is at least 95% hispanic and all the eyebrow and mascara is coal black. Seems I can't win. I was facinated at a drug store that had lots of make up and they had the greatest colors for people with brown eyes and I wished I was younger. . .spectacular stuff. . .look around more. You're looking for fair treatment. . .and life isn't fair. But you can complain to those companies. They listen to people that speak up. If you don't like something, do something about it. I've been working on getting that medium brown eyebrow pencil without so much red in it. It's not out there either. Seems they just keep making the same ol' colors with new names and none of them match me either.


I guess you don't know many white people. . .they come in all shades and colors too. Looks like you have a bigger problem than looking for shades of makeup.
At first I thought this was a good question.


Then I read the rest of it. What do you mean in the last sentence '; white people did that to themselves';? How can white people, ( or any color ), '; do that to themselves';? No one has any control over the shade or color of their skin.


In response to your comment about not seeing a variety of shades on white people and most are about the same color, obviously they are the same color, they're white. The same for any color. Any color can come in a variety of shades.


I do think there should be more foundation shades for women of color.


I also think your question is dripping with racism.


EDIT: You contradicted yourself. First you say '; I honestly don't see a variety of shades when it comes to white people.';


Then you say '; whites can be pale, beige or tan, that's it.';


Are you a dermatologist? Are you an expert in skin?


Are you a cosmotologist? Do you do in depth studies of skin color and tone?

No comments:

Post a Comment