Monday, December 28, 2009

How Do i Find out Which MAC Foundation shade suits me?

I want to order Mac foundation online, as i there is not a Mac shop where i live, the closet one is a 2 hour plane trip. So you can see im in a bit of a squeeze.


i have an oily skin type, and red blotches, and i do have large pores. So im thinking ill have to order a primer as well, i am quite light skinned with a hint of olive.











can someone please help me!!


i can send pictures,How Do i Find out Which MAC Foundation shade suits me?
Hi MissK, to be honest with you, I would not recommend MAC foundation if you have oily skin (especially if you're prone to breakouts). MAC seems to exacerbate this problem. I would recommend a mineral foundation like Sephora Brand Mineral foundation with SPF 10 because it has only 8 ingredients total compared to most other foundations that have like 20 (which less is always better especially for oily skin). Sephora also sells Smashbox brand which has a WONDERFUL makeup primer that's 60% water based (which won't clog pores or irritate the skin) and it makes your skin feel smooth and silky and controls oil ALL DAY LONG!!! I use it myself, and I tend to have oily skin in the summertime and I find that I only have to blot my nose maybe once during the day (and that's usually around 4 pm after having worn it since 10am). I would also grab some of the Shiseido blotting papers from Macy's. They are double sided (one side has a powder finish and the other side doesn't) so you can decide the blotting finish that you want: a freshly, lightly powered face, or a matte finish with no powder. Anyway I use all of these products and they work WONDERS. The only product you may have trouble ordering online is the foundation...not because it isn't available or it's hard to find, but just the issue of knowing which color you need. But Sephora has an excellent return policy (whether you order online or purchase in the store) and anything that doesn't work out for you can be returned or exchanged (I think they give you 30days to do so). But you know what, here's Sephora's customer service phone number. I bet if you describe your skin color to them , they could recommend a color for you! 1-877-737-4672. They are very nice and helpful I'm sure you'll find exactly what you need. I'll provide the links below for all three products.How Do i Find out Which MAC Foundation shade suits me?
I'm glad I could help. :) Report Abuse

To be honest I wasn't impressed with MAC foundations because they feel heavy on the face. If you want to find out about the colors, just go to MAC's website and look for ';Live Chat'; the woman there really helped me to find my color.
you are an NC shace. which stands for neutral cool. if you're olive toned then go for a ligh NC shade.





avoid NW because that is neutral warm, for pinker undertones.





i am an nc30 and i am lightish skinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment