Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have trouble finding the right shade in Foundation?

I'm fair skin but i either buy foundation that is either to dark or to light any tips on how to find the right tone!!!?I have trouble finding the right shade in Foundation?
You have my sympathies! I've been told I'm neither light nor medium - cool nor warm. In every category I fall somewhere in-between, which makes it tricky when selecting cosmetics.





One way I've worked around this is to buy two different colors in whatever brand of foundation I'm using, so I can blend my own custom color. (Of course, if you use a higher-end brand of cosmetics, this option can get pricey....)





Another thing that was most helpful for me...I went to see a professional makeup artist who was visiting the cosmetics counter at a local department store. She ';typed'; me as more cool than warm, more light than fair, and told me my undertones were pink. (I had been inadvertently fighting that pink for years...so many times my foundation would me look pasty or sort of grayish, and I never understood why.)





Getting the advice of an expert was the best thing I could have done. I would recommend that for everyone who wears make-up! It has literally revolutionized the way I select all my colors now - whether foundation, eye, cheek or lip color. Now I know what I need to choose these things like a pro, and it has worked!





Knowing your undertones, whether you are cool, warm or neutral, truly fair, light, or light-to-medium will go a long way in helping you select colors for yourself, no matter what brand of foundation you're using. Even if you think you already know these things, get a second opinion from someone who works with cosmetics. You won't regret it.





Good luck!I have trouble finding the right shade in Foundation?
I had the same problem.


But then I bought Loreal true match Liquid foundation


In the lightest warm shade.


Porcelian I think.


It covers beautifully.


And no one knows Im wearing foundation.
Foudation is hard to find... I suggest you go try on a couple of different tones at different makeup places like go to MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS, and also try the ones you can buy at drug stores like covergirl and mayebelline. You covergirl has their true match blend that work with all different skin shades an tones like fair, beige, dark skin and also cool(more blue shades in your skin) or warm tones(red and yellow tones) You also don't have to buy just one foundation you can always mix a darker and lighter one to make the perfect foundation for your skin tone.
if your really having trouble, see a makeup counter employee at a mac or sephora store, %26amp; they'll help you find your perfect match..


also when your finding a match dab it on the inside of your wrist ( if possible ) or just hold it up next to it.. that's the easiest way to find your color. %26lt;3
I do the same thing. I have very fair skin and every time I buy foundation, it is too dark. I buy the lightest shade possible and only use it on the flaws I want to hide, not my entire face, then I blend it in with my fingers or a tissue very well.





Try Wet 'n' Wild liquid foundation and Almay foundation stick.
where ever you buy your makeup there shoulld be a beauty consultant and ask for help they will help u
A BIG tip is; when you arwe buying the foundation DO NOT dab/hold up the foundation to your wrist/arm/erc..look at the color then at YOUR FACE, this is because not everyone is the same shade on their arms and the face area..do to uneven tanning. and when you find one that is a TAB BIT darker than your natural color..you have found the perfect foundation!
The way to match make-up to your skin tone is to apply some onto your jaw line and blend. The foundation that disappears is the color you need. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment